Topic: How to Find Confidence in Conflict andNegotiate Effectively
This customized workshop is designed to make difficult conversations easier and give you the confidence you need to overcome fear, frustration, and anxiety. These workshops will help you to communicate confidently, deal with difficult people, and get what you deserve.
Specifically, participants will learn the following:
- How to have critical conversations;
- How to create trust and understanding;
- How to interject managed conflict into high level discussions;
- How to use critical conversations as an opportunity to understand your colleagues, stakeholders, and clients and create an atmosphere that facilitates open conversation;
- How to avoid critical mistakes that stifle communication and create hostility;
- How to approach every interaction as a strategic opportunity for future success.
The workshop will end with a negotiation simulation that will give the participants the opportunity to practice these new skills in a safe environment.
Kwame Christian, Esq., M.A. is a business lawyer and the Director of the American Negotiation Institute where he puts on workshops designed to make difficult conversations easier. As an attorney and mediator with a bachelors of arts in Psychology, a Master of Public Policy, and a law degree, Kwame brings a unique multidisciplinary approach to the topic of conflict management and negotiation.
His TEDx Talk, Finding Confidence in Conflict , was viewed over 24,000 times in 24 hours and was the most popular TED Talk on the topic of conflict of 2017. He also hosts the top negotiation podcast in the country, Negotiate Anything . The show has been downloaded over 400,000 times and has listeners in 181 different countries.
Sinclair Community College
Building 12, Ponitz Conference Center
444 West Third St.
Dayton, Ohio 45402
All registrations are to be made online, even if you will be paying at the door. Members and guests must register online and then can pay online or can still pay at-the-door. To pay at the door, ENTER and APPLY the MVHRA Promo Code: MVHRAPAYATDOOR
at checkout when registering online.
Session handouts will be distributed to the email address used when registering within 24-48 hours after the session.
• Reservations must be received by 12:00 noon on the Friday before the event and if not, you will be charged an additional $20.00 for your workshop ticket.
• Cancellations must be received by 12:00 noon on the Friday before the event in order not to be billed.
• Contact Jennifer Walling firstname.lastname@example.org - regarding cancellations. All cancelled registrations are confirmed.